Our GymbaROO centres carry out a definite routine (so loved and important for child development!). Each term is planned over a 10-week period, with a term theme and a weekly topic related to that theme.
Classes for Babies are very different than the toddler’s classes.
Babies Class (Non Mobile & Crawlers)
A 50 minute precious quality time with your baby will give you the opportunity to learn how to provide activities at home to help your child learn about their world and get a jump-start on their education
Most of our infant sessions focus on tummy time to help your child to gain the important sensory-motor stimulation required for learning.
Tummy time will help your child gain the important sensory-motor stimulation required for learning. Research has proved that tummy time is one of the most important stages to help your child learn more about themselves and their environment.
The classes are graded into BabyROO 1 (for babies of 6 weeks and older who are not yet rolling) and BabyROO 2 (for babies who are now rolling but not yet crawling). Classes cover activities such as massage, auditory activities, sensory play, movement, gentle exercises, music/rhythm/dance, visual (eye tracking) plus lots and lots of fun ideas for tummy time.
Gymbaroo Toddler Class (Crawlers, Walkers, Preschoolers)
Throughout the term we cover various areas of development – gross motor and fine motor. The sessions offer a certain routine for your child and some challenges as well throughout the term.
A 50 min class includes:
- Free play – Each lesson begins with 5 min free explorative play on our large equipment and is a nice time to socialise with other parents and children. Free play is followed by mat time.
- Mat time – Mat time starts with bubbles and music. The parents and children are invited to come and sit on the mat together as a group and sing a hello song. Small equipment skills (balls etc), sensory play, exercises, massage and a dance will follow. Each exercise is shown and explained to you to enable you to do the same at home. This 20 mins on the mat finishes with our special treasure bag time which follows the theme for the term. This is loved by the children and is important for language, social interaction, tactile experiences, imagination, and reinforces the word for the week (on purpose) quickly flashed to your child. This stimulates memory and pre-reading skills. Being fully involved with the activities of your child is beneficial for all children and enhances love, security, joy and learning.
- Equipment time – Another 15 mins on our specially designed equipment will give the chance for your child to exercise his skills. We have a whole room full of equipment where your children can experiment with their bodies and their own personal capacities. Teachers are always nearby to offer guidance and teach new skills. Older children will enjoy the challenge of following the circuit and practising new movement exercises. The equipment circuit is changed every two to three weeks to introduce new challenges. We positively encourage and not force. This must be FUN!
- Music time – The session is concluded with music and parachute time. Each week we have a musical instrument to play and dance with and our big colourful parachute comes out for the children to lie under or play games with. Then everyone sings our traditional goodbye song and goes back home with the week’s picture and word for their GymbaROO scrapbook to use at talk about at home.
School Readiness Classes
The 60 minute class begins with specific activities for the children to complete before they go out climbing on the equipment. Parents help their child complete these challenging, developmental activities under the guidance of the teacher.
- MAT TIME: Mat time still starts with our exciting bubble machine which fills the room up with bubbles but now the children are encouraged to catch the bubbles in ways which foster the hand development which is so important for writing when they get to school. The children in this age group work independently from their parents, asking them for help if they need some extra guidance during the lesson. They do a lot of activities in pairs with another child or in small groups which fosters social skills and cooperation, as well as the physical skills which get the brain ready for learning at school.
- EQUIPMENT TIME: During this time out on the equipment, the children are given specific challenges like Climb all the equipment backwards which stretch their already confident climbing skills.
- MUSIC TIME: The session finishes with treasure bag, music and rhythm and parachute games. There is usually much fun and laughter as each challenge is completed in every childs unique style.